Your lawn can be a great way to add color and definition to your property. Grass that’s properly taken care of looks beautiful all year long, so it’s worth the extra effort. Here are 5 tips on how to make your lawn look vibrant:
1) Schedule regular aeration. This allows air and water into the soil, making it healthier for more vigorous growth. You may want to schedule aerating every week or two during the summer when the grass is growing at its peak.
2) Keep your soil healthy. There are many ways to help give your soil nutrients; sod, compost, fish emulsion, and kelp are all good options as lawn fertilizer. The type of fertilizer you select depends on what you have in abundance and what you need from it.
3) Spray down your lawn. Spraying your lawn with a controlled amount of water keeps it healthy and green. If you don’t have a sprinkler system, try to water early in the morning so that the sun can evaporate the remaining moisture by nightfall. Watering too much and too late at night or during hot summer days can cause fungal diseases to develop in your grass.
4) Mow your grass frequently. If you let it grow too long then you can have problems with weeds and other grasshopper pests, which can result in brown spots on your lawn. Mowing frequently not only keeps your grass looking great, but also allows you to spot any problems before they become too large.
5) Control insects in your lawn. Insects like grubs, silverfish, and beetles can cause damage to the grass. If you see that there is a problem, take measures to help prevent the problem from getting worse. Treat your garden and spray for bugs as soon as you notice a problem. Your lawn will be more beautiful and less damaged if you do so quickly.
This lawn maintenance is something anyone can do. You won’t have to hire expensive contractors to make small changes in how your lawn looks, which makes it ideal for a do-it-yourself project. If you’d like more information or would like to have the work done for you, please give us a call today!